- Find a central location for your modem
- Do not place your modem on the ground
- Move the modem away from wireless interference such as brick and cement walls, shelves, mirrors, cupboards, microwaves, tv, refrigerators
- Consider connecting via Ethernet cable for fixed devices where possible
- Keep your devices close to the modem to get better signal and speed
- Wireless Interference can be caused by Wifi signals from other Networks or devices (like Bluetooth, Security Cameras, Microwave, Wireless Phones). Keep your modem away from such devices.
- Connect your modem to 5GHz band
2.4GHz provides more range and coverage but at a lower speed. Better at penetrating thick walls and objects
5GHz less range and coverage provides higher speeds. Less prone to interference.
- Upgrade your modem if obsolete